Mango Math Kindergarten Deluxe Math Kit
- Grades: Kindergarten
- Recommended Settings: Summer Camps, Classrooms, Resource Rooms, Before & Afterschool Programs
- Standards Alignment: Common Core Math
Kindergarteners will compare, count, and order numbers in fun and creative ways. From counting and categorizing bears, to leaping over numbers on a number line, to catching a set number of fireflies on the page, kindergarten students will start to develop an understanding of number comparison, number order, and number cardinality. Students will also describe their physical world by using geometric shapes and geometric vocabulary. With learning by doing, kindergarten students will touch, talk, and explore numbers as they communicate, collaborate, and develop problem solving skills.
Curriculum or Lesson Topics:
Common Core Kindergarten Standards for Math
- K.CC.A - Know number names and the count sequence.
- K.CC.B - Count to tell the number of objects.
- K.CC.C - Compare numbers.
- K.OA.A - Understand addition as putting together and adding to, and understand subtraction as taking apart and taking from.
- KNBT.A - Work with numbers 11-19 to gain foundations for place value.
- K.MD.A - Describe and compare measurable attributes.
- K.MD.B - Classify objects and count the number of objects in categories.
- K.G.A - Identify and describe shapes.
- K.G.B - Analyze, compare, create, and compose shapes.
Standards for Mathematical Practice
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
- 1 - Plastic carrying basket
- 20 - Lessons in individual plastic folders
- 24 - Dry erase markers in plastic case
- 1 - Curriculum Guide & Assessment Book
- 48 - Bear counters
- 50 - Clothespins
- 150 - Two color counters
- 4 - 6-sided dice
- 2 - Shape pattern block dice
- 4 - Dice with numbers
- 8 - Pawns
- 2 - Pattern Blocks
- 8 - Number Line - 0 - 30
- 2 - Dominoes, double 9
- 4 - MANGO Math Playing Cards
- 200 - Four-colored chain links
- 50 - Small Button
- 300 - Snap Blocks
- 2 - Spinners, 0-9
- 2 - Transparent spinners