Mango Math 5th Grade Deluxe Math Kit
- Grades: 5th Grade
- Recommended Settings: Summer Camps, Classrooms, Resource Rooms, Before & Afterschool Programs
- Standards Alignment: Common Core Math
Pump Up the Volume with these great games and activities that get fifth graders talking, exploring and playing with math! Free Wheel around solving numeric patterns with two or more rules. Applying similar rules in Cash Machine to determine an “exchange rate”. Each lesson has students delving deeper into divisors and rational numbers with games like Divisors Matter, Be Rational, and That’s Improper. With learning by doing, students will determine things like, are all games fair or will data show us something different? With each game, fifth graders put their skills to the test.
Curriculum or Lesson Topics:
Common Core 5th Grade Standards for Math
- 5.OA.A - Write and interpret numerical expressions.
- 5.OA.B - Analyze patterns and relationships.
- 5.NBT.A - Understand the place value system.
- 5.NBT.B - Perform operations with multi-digit whole numbers and with decimals to hundredths. 5.NF.A Use equivalent fractions as a strategy to add and subtract fractions.
- 5.NF.B - Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division to multiply and divide fractions.
- 5.MD.A - Convert like measurement units within a given measurement system.
- 5.MD.B - Represent and interpret data.
- 5.MD.C - Geometric measurement: understand concepts of volume and relate volume to multiplication and to addition.
- 5.G.A - Graph points on the coordinate plane to solve real-world and mathematical problems. 5.G.B Classify two-dimensional figures into categories based on their properties.
Standards for Mathematical Practice
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
- 1 - Plastic carrying basket
- 20 - Lesson in individual plastic folders
- 24 - Dry erase marker in plastic case
- 1 - Curriculum Guide & Assessment Book
- 2 - Calculator
- 150 - Two-Color Counters
- 4 - Dice: 1, 2, 3
- 10 - Dice: 1s 0-9
- 2 - Dice: 10s 00-90
- 2 - Dice: 100s 000-900
- 4 - Dice: 12-sided
- 4 - Dice: 6-sided dice
- 2 - Dice: 20-sided
- 2 - Dice: 25-30 dice
- 6 - Dice: numbers
- 4 - Dice: +/ -
- 2 - Dice: fraction 1/12, 1/4, 1/3, 1/5, 1/6, 1/2
- 2 - Dice: fraction 1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6
- 1 - Double 9 Dominoes
- 1 - Bag Exploragons
- 2 - Fraction Pattern Blocks
- 16 - Pawns
- 1 - Mixed Bill Set
- 3 - Bags of centimeter cubes
- 8 - Playing Cards
- 4 - Spinner (transparent)