Mango Math 4th Grade Deluxe Math Kit
- Grades: 4th Grade
- Recommended Settings: Summer Camps, Classrooms, Resource Rooms, Before & Afterschool Programs
- Standards Alignment: Common Core Math
Divide and Conquer multi-digit multiplication and division in this fun packed math kit. As fourth grade students get loads of practice with factors and multiples, they will use that knowledge when they are Combing through Fractions. Students will work with simplifying and comparing fractions with Whole Way Out and More or Less Half. Fractions, multiplication, and division are not the only skills students will master, they will Cross the Line and work on angle measurements. Grab a Bag and have fun exploring math!
Curriculum or Lesson Topics:
Common Core 4th Grade Standards for Math
- 4.OA.A - Use the four operations with whole numbers to solve problems.
- 4.OA.B - Gain familiarity with factors and multiples.
- 4.OA.C - Generate and analyze patterns.
- 4.NBT.A - Generalize place value understanding for multi-digit whole numbers.
- 4.NBT.B - Use place value understanding and properties of operations to perform multi-digit arithmetic.
- 4.NF.A - Extend understanding of fraction equivalence and ordering.
- 4.NF.B - Build fractions from unit fractions by applying and extending previous understandings of operations on whole numbers.
- 4.NF.C - Understand decimal notation for fractions, and compare decimal fractions.
- 4.MD.A - Solve problems involving measurement and conversion of measurements from a larger unit to a smaller unit.
- 4.MD.B - Represent and interpret data.
- 4.MD.C - Geometric measurement: understand concepts of angle and measure angles.
- 4.G.A - Draw and identify lines and angles, and classify shapes by properties of their lines and angles.
Standards for Mathematical Practice
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
- 1 - Plastic carrying basket
- 20 - Lesson in individual plastic folders
- 24 - Dry erase markers in plastic case
- 1 - Curriculum Guide & Assessment Book
- 80 - Color Tiles
- 300 - Two Color Counters
- 2 - Dice: 1s 0-9
- 2 - Dice: 10s 00-90
- 2 - Dice: 100s 000-900
- 2 - Dice: 12-sided place value words
- 16 - Dice: 6-sided dice
- 2 - Dice: fraction 1/12, 1/4, 1/3, 1/5, 1/6, 1/2
- 4 - Dice: fraction 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 11/12
- 1 - Exploragon legs
- 2 - Fraction tiles
- 1 - Paper bags
- 2 - Mixed Bill Set
- 6 - Playing Cards
- 40 - Pawns
- 6 - Spinners (transparent)
- 2 - Bags Tangrams