Strawbees STEAM Classroom Robotics - micro:bit
- Grades: 3-9
- Number of Students: Up to 30
- Number of Lessons/Activities: 100+
- Contact Hours: Unlimited
- Additional Resources: Strawbees Robotic Inventions, Strawbees License FAQ and Help Center
The complete building + coding solution for your class including Strawbees Classroom digital lessons, using the Robotics board to add robotic capabilities to Strawbees projects with the micro:bit.
This bundle includes micro:bits. A bundle without micro:bits is also available.
- 1-year access to Strawbees Classroom for one teacher
- Full building & coding solution (micro:bits included)
- 100+ challenge cards
- 4,590 pieces
- Storage solution
A Closer Look
The Strawbees STEAM Classroom Robotics – micro:bit includes:
1-year access to Strawbees Classroom for one teacher – start exploring Strawbees Classroom, our digital platform made for teachers, by teachers. Our curriculum-aligned, class-ready lessons help teachers quickly and easily to get started.
STEAM School Kit – our most massive building set providing over 4000 pieces enough for an entire classroom of students. The building set comes with 5 different precut straw sizes and 4 color-coded connectors for scaling project sizes from miniature to building structures taller than you. This kit arrives as a storage box with pull-out material trays to get started building. Comes with the Pocketful of Ideas card deck with 100+ challenges to stay inspired.
Both 2 × micro:bit V2 club – 10 Pack and 2 × Robotic Inventions for micro:bit – 10 Pack kits – the micro:bit joins forces with the Robotic Inventions board for adding robotic capabilities. The Robotics board includes 2 RGB LEDs and attaches up to 3 servo motors to any Strawbees building project.
Write in Microsoft MakeCode’s block-based programming platform, upload a program, and remove it from the computer to run on batteries.
Save time – Strawbees Classroom, the ready-to-go teaching platform is curriculum-aligned and loaded with inspiration. More time teaching. Less time prepping.
Play and Program Hardware – using Strawbees Robotic Inventions with the micro:bit, each of its LEDs can be individually programmed as can its buttons, inputs and outputs, accelerometer, magnetometer, and Bluetooth Smart Technology.
Full STEAM Ahead – everything you need for a well-rounded science, technology, engineering, art, and math experience in making and creating your projects.
Storage Solution – organized drawers by piece and color ready to be placed out on the table for a lesson or workshop setting and an easy material management system.
Up to 30 students – there is enough classroom material for each student to come up with their unique solution to a problem and help develop their creative confidence.
Different lengths & color-coded pieces – there are 4 types of connectors and 5 different cut straw lengths cut all color-coded making it easy to follow the activity instructions.
Make physical and mechanical inventions with the micro:bit.
Physical Computing – extend programming to the physical world beyond the computer screen by creating interactive projects with the Strawbees building system.
Electronic Building Set – all electronics easily connect to Strawbees connectors and straws.
All materials are custom-made, durable, and reusable – finish building, disassemble and begin a new project.
- Strawbees Classroom License
- 1-year access to a license for one teacher
- Curriculum-aligned lessons (Common Core ELA, Common Core Mathematics, NGSS, SDGs)
- Student-facing resources
- Recorded webinars
- Regular run onboarding webinars
- Onboarding videos
- Supporting articles
- Strawbees Classroom walk-through webinars
- More questions? Go to FAQ
STEAM School Kit
- Connectors – 1-leg Blue × 1024
- Connectors – 2-leg Yellow × 512
- Connectors – 3-leg Green × 512
- Connectors – 5-leg Red × 256
- Building straws – 240mm Blue × 512
- Building straws – 205mm Green × 360
- Building straws – 112mm Pink × 512
- Building straws – 80mm Orange × 256
- Building straws – 48mm Yellow × 256
- Clips × 160
- Pocketful of Ideas Card Deck × 1
- Posters × 2
2 × micro:bit V2 Club – 10 Pack
- BBC micro:bits × 20
- USB cables × 20
- AAA batteries × 40
- AAA Battery holder × 20
2 × Robitcs Inventions for the micro:bit – 10 Pack
- Strawbees Robotics boards for the micro:bit × 20
- Strawbees micro:bit clip × 20
- Servo motors 120 (SM-S2309S) × 20
- Servo motor mounts white × 40
- Servo motor arms × 60
- Screws for servo mounts and arms × 60
- Mini screwdrivers × 20
- Servo extension cables × 20
- Eyes × 40
- Eye sticker sheet × 20
- Sneaker shoes × 40
- Duck feet with magnets × 40
- Poster × 2
- Free access to the official Strawbees MakeCode extension
Special Notes and Considerations:
This bundle comes with a limited number of batteries and requires 20 more batteries.