Rocket League: Academic Esports Club - Academic Year License
Skill Level: Beginner-Intermediate
Number of Students: Up to 40
Number of Modules: 8
- Additional Documents: Flyer, Camps & Clubs Catalog
NOTE: Please allow for 2-3 weeks of lead time between the time of purchase and the start of your class, club, or camp.
This fast-paced and action-filled club is designed for students looking to take their skills to the next level, and have a lot of fun in the process. Combining engaging gameplay with critical thinking workshops allows students to learn new concepts, master in-game techniques, and improve overall team strategy and coordination.
Rocket League Topics Covered:
- Basic, Intermediate, and Complex Mechanics
- Player positioning and three-car rotations
- Offensive and defensive roles
- Boost Management and rotation routes
- How to analyze your own gameplay
- Communication and teamwork tips
- Car types and hitboxes
- Students will be taught the step-by-step processes to compete at continually higher ranks within the game as an exemplar of learning how expertise is formed across the study of all disciplines.
- Students will learn how the impact of owning positive communication skills applies to college and career readiness.
- Students will critically review their own in-game performance as a means of understanding how earnest self-reflection is critical to successful achievement.
- Students will learn the principles of foundational physics and, through engaging gameplay, discover how to manipulate physics to their own advantage.
- Students will be taught a break-down of of how search-engines operate and how the skill of seeking out online information can be effectively streamlined.
- Students will learn about the basic hardware and software makeup of computers and how each component has an impact on Rocket-League (or any other esport they choose to play).
- Students will understand the concept of ‘cyberbullying’ to not only protect themselves from being victimized, but to also help positively impact the gaming environments around them.
- The program will teach students about core geometry concepts and how in-game knowledge of geometry makes them more effective players.
- Students will be given the chance to recognize where they can begin setting goals in order to successfully organize and reach objectives.
- Students will develop problem-solving tools in order to react properly to missteps and learn from previous errors.
- Students will identify and recognize their personal strengths while finding ways to elevate areas where they encounter personal challenges, in-game and in life.
Responsible Decision Making
- Students will learn about making decisions and understanding that actions have consequences in real life and inside of the game when you’re trying to win.
- An essential skill set for anyone aiming to develop in a team-based environment, students will develop their interpersonal interactions.
Virtual Camp Requirements:
- Rocket League (On any platform)
- Supported Devices/Consoles: PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, Playstation
- USB Gamepad strongly suggested
- Zoom Video Conferencing
- Reliable Internet connection