Fortnite: Academic Esports Club Academic Year License
Skill Level: Beginner-Intermediate
Number of Students: Up to 40
Number of Modules: 8
- Additional Documents: Flyer, Camps & Clubs Catalog
NOTE: Please allow for 2-3 weeks of lead time between the time of purchase and the start of your class, club, or camp.
Designed for students who want to “up their game”, this intensive club provides the pathways, tools, tips, and detailed in-game techniques that top Fortnite players use to win tournaments, procure sponsors, and earn followers.
Students learn the following concepts:
- Game Settings and Keybinds
- Early, Mid, and Late Game Mindsets
- Team Roles and Loadouts (Duos vs Trios vs Quads)
- Intro to Builds
- Zones, Rotations & Dropping Considerations
- Aim Training
- Advanced Builds
- Box Fighting & Edits
- Students will understand, study, and analyze the map used in the game in order to better understand the value of maps across the spectrum of history.
- Students will learn new mechanics in the game, how they function, and when to use them in order to see the connection of how we now live in a world where one is always learning (and there is no “end point” no matter what discipline you are studying.)
- Students will analyze gameplay to better understand how the art of reflection improves performance across all pursuits.
- Students will understand the connection between Hz and FPS and what settings in their devices can help them optimize their gameplay experience.
- Students will learn about computer hardware and console peripherals as it relates to in-game performance and careers in IT.
- Students will be able to understand how physics and geometry are used to build in Fortnite (as well as principles such as momentum and acceleration).
- Students will develop their teamwork and communication skills by forming and maintaining teams that must work together to succeed.
- Students will understand how to analyze and calculate damage totals by finding ratios through numerical compare and contrast methodology.
- Students will develop their ability to advocate for themselves by being able to identify and express their emotions to each other in a positive manner.
- Students will develop their time management skills by having a mixture of “game time” and “practice time” where they will be required to learn and practice along with the instructor as they are taught new mechanics.
- Students will develop their social skills by working together with their teammates as they learn the core principles of teamwork and effective communication.
Responsible Decision Making
- Students will learn how each situation they are presented with has multiple, viable options and see the relationship between choosing wisely and choosing quickly.
- Students will understand the value of good sportsmanship and how to be kind and considerate in both victory and defeat.
Virtual Camp Requirements:
- Fortnite on PC or Console (Playstation, Xbox, or Switch)
- Zoom Video Conferencing
- Solid internet connection