Note: Due to production delays, this item is shipping in 4-5 weeks after receipt of the order, normal lead time is around 3 weeks.
BrickLab Famous Architecture Camp
Enter the world of famous structures and design in BrickLAB Famous Architecture Around the World! Travel the globe learning how ancient architectural breakthroughs led to the fundamental design elements we know today. From walls and arches to post-and-lintel building techniques, use BrickLAB bricks each day to construct and learn how similar design elements evolved at the same time in different societies around the world.
After the foundation been poured, discover and replicate some of the most famous structures in history while learning how different societies tackled the stylistic, artful and structural considerations of construction and architecture. Put your hands to work and construct a love for STEM in BrickLAB Famous Architecture Around the World!
The BrickLab Famous Architecture Camp includes all of the curriculum and materials needed for summer camps, after-school environments, and classroom enrichment time.
- Summer camps
- Elementary classrooms
- After-school programs
- Homeschool environments
- Curriculum for 12 activities. Each activity can accommodate a 1 hour segment, or can be adjusted for different time blocks
- Over 6,500 PCS BrickLAB building manipulatives
- Design booklets and step-by-step building instructions
- Storage containers that will last for years
- Instructor guide
- Camp background information
- Collaboration and discussion tips
- Lesson extensions for differentiation
- Activity/assessment materials
- Day 1 - Architecture Boot Camp
- Day 2 - Architecture Boot Camp: Graduation Day
- Day 3 - El Castillo
- Day 4 - Parthenon
- Day 5 - Palsangjeon Pagoda
- Day 6 - Eiffel Tower
- Day 7 - Patuxai Victory Arch
- Day 8 - Empire State Building
- Day 9 - Taj Mahal
- Day 10 - Notre-Dame
- Day 11 - Blueprints
- Day 12 - Castles
Next Generation Science Standards
- NGSS 3-5 ETS1-1 Define a simple design problem reflecting a need or a want that includes specified criteria for success and constraints on materials, time, or cost.
- NGSS 3-5 ETS1-2 Generate and compare multiple possible solutions to a problem based on how well each is likely to meet the criteria and constraints of the problem.
- NGSS 3-5 ETS1-3 Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.
Common Core State Standards for Math
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.OA.B Gain familiarity with factors and multiples.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.OA.A Use the four operations with whole numbers to solve problems.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.5.OA.A.1 Write and interpret numerical expressions.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.6.EE.A Write, read, and evaluate expressions in which letters stand for numbers.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.6.RP.A Understand ratio concepts and use ratio reasoning to solve problems.
Note: Due to production time, this item typically ships 2-3 weeks after receipt of the order.