Mand Labs KIT-1: Premium Edition, V4
- Grades: 6-12+
- Number of Students: 1-2 per kit
- Number of Lessons/Experiments: 60
- Contact Hours: 25+
- Additional Documents: KIT-1 Brochure, Complete List of Experiments, NGSS Standards
The all-in-ones Mand Labs KIT-1: STEM Electronics Kit is your most comprehensive do-it-yourself (DIY) learning kit that takes you on a journey of 60+ hands-on projects from fundamentals of electricity to advanced concepts of transistors in electronics and robotics. And everything is step-by-step.
No prior experience in electronics is required. As a beginner, you start with simple hands-on projects, learn to use a digital multimeter and grab the basic fundamentals of electricity, including charge, voltage, current, resistance, Ohm’s law and Kirchhoff laws.
As you advance, you start learning about new components, make more complex projects and progress both in terms of knowledge and skill levels. At the start of book-2, you will be able to build interesting projects such as automatic night lamp, H-Bridge (motor driver circuit used in robotics) and many more.
The kit is a great companion for parents who want to provide early practical exposure to their kids, teachers who want to demonstrate the concepts of electrical science & semiconductors, students who want to learn physics by doing, hobbyists who want to brush up their basics.
In the premium version, you get three extra projects including IR Security Alarm system, joule thief (drawing energy from a dead cell) and temperature sensor.
Who is it For:
- Middle and high school students
- STEM educators running maker spaces, physics labs and robotics programs
- Homeschooling parents
- DIY enthusiasts and makers
What's New in Version 4?
- Wire cutter and stripper is now made of Stainless Steel (SS) and has a new design with a thumb grip
- A more durable screwdriver is included which can unwind switch terminals and multimeter screws with ease
- A new 12 V Piezoelectric buzzer with 4.2 KZ frequency is replacing the older 12 Volt 2.4KHz magnetic buzzer in Version 3
- The portable breadboard box now comes with magnetic locks instead of swap buttons
- A more tactile microswitch with a 120gF operating force on the lever is introduced
- Lead Free Solder (Sn96.5/Ag3.0/Cu0.5) is used for all soldering joints
- All LEDs are now professionally packaged in moisture free anti-static bags - four different colored bags for each color
- Learning videos in the USB Flash drive now come with subtitles (English)
- 24 Micron Polyolefin Shrink Film is used for sealing multimeter, books and KIT-1 box
- Mand Labs KIT-1 Box is re-engineered for durability, strength and usability. The box is made in 12 different parts and each part is produced with a very high level precision with right fits and tolerances. The box is assembled carefully by hand and undergoes multiple inspections to meet quality standards
- RoHS and Reach Standards are being strictly adhered to
- The TDK EPCOS Thermistor 10K 3950 3% with a faster response time is added to the Premium Edition
- A new Everlight Phototransistor alongside 840 nm Everlight Photodiode is added to the IR Security Alarm System project; Phototransistor gives a better range and high sensitivity
When purchasing KIT-1 (Standard or Premium) though STEMfinity you get access to:
- An additional 3-months of warranty
- Complimentary 1-month access to Mand Labs Academy
- Please follow the link here to claim these additional benefits after purchase.
Curriculum or Lesson Topics:
Charge, Battery, Voltage, Current, Resistance, LED, Multimeter, Resistors, Ohm's law, Series and Parallel Combination, Variable Resistors: Potentiometer, Preset and LDR, Switches, Capacitors, Relay, Semiconductors, Diode and Its Types, Digital Logic Gates: NOT, OR, AND, NOT, NAND, Zener Diode, DC Motor, Transistors, IR (Infrared LED) and Photodiode, Inductors, Thermistor (Temperature sensor).
Here’s a list of a few interesting projects that you can build using KIT-1:
- Automatic Night Lamp, Burglar Alarm
- Touch Activated Switch (passing current through body)
- LED Flasher/Blinker
- Sequential Glowing of LEDs
- Staircase Lighting
- Alternate light control using a Preset, DC Motor as Generator
- Premium projects include IR Security Alarm System, Temperature Sensor and Joule Thief: drawing energy from a dead cell
Aligned standards for the Mand Labs KIT-1: Premium Edition, V4.
Includes 60 projects + 165 components including one mini breadboard+ 2 guide books + 60 videos + step-by-step project guides + workstation + 1 breadboard carry case + 3 premium projects + 1 flash drive containing all learning materials
|KIT-1 Standard Edition||KIT-1 Premium Edition|
Includes 57 projects + 136 components + 2 guide books + 70 videos + step-by step project guides + workstation + 1 large breadboard with carry-case
Number of Students: 1 per kit
Includes 60 projects + 165 components + 2 guide books + 70 videos + step-by-step project guides + workstation + 1 large breadboard with carry-case + 1 Mini Breadboard + 3 premium projects including IR security alarm + joule thief + drawing energy from a dead cell
Number of Students: 1-2 per kit
See a complete list of experiments in KIT-1 here.