Arduino CTC GO! - MOTIONS EXPANSION PACK
- Grades: 9+
- Number of Students: Up to 24 (in groups of 1-3)
- Number of Activities: 14
- Additional Resources: Lesson Content Preview
NOTE: This item is an add on to the Arduino CTC GO! - CORE MODULE. Please make sure that you have, or will have, access to the Core Module before you purchase this kit.
If you’ve taken your students through the CTC GO! - Core Module, the Motions Expansion Pack will build on what they have already learned about how to use technology as a tool and how to apply that knowledge in the real world. The Motions Expansion Pack challenges them to go a step further in computing and design and technology by introducing them to new and more complex programming concepts that develop their logical reasoning, computational thinking, and problem-solving skills. Students will expand on their knowledge and skills in STEAM subjects to learn about motions by adding mobility to the hands-on, playful projects and transforming the movement their motors provide. As an educator, you’ll still get all the teaching support you need with webinars, videos, guides, and direct contact with an expert.
What Does Every Module Include?
- TOOLBOX: All the specific motions components and materials you need to build several guided experiments and projects in addition to the Core Module components.
- SOFTWARE PLATFORM FOR EDUCATORS with all the materials you need for each lesson, resources to help you with lesson preparation, content tips, timing suggestions for classroom management, and curriculum links
- SOFTWARE PLATFORM FOR PUPILS with step-by-step instructions, assembly videos, and fun activities to help them get started with programming, electronics and building fully-functional, interactive projects (educators also have prior access to this platform so they can prepare and adapt their lesson plans)
- TRAINING AND SUPPORT including a welcome training webinar with an Arduino Education expert, training videos that explain each lesson’s concepts, shorter videos that expand on lesson content, and direct email support from an education expert.
This expansion pack includes 14 learning sessions:
- 7 Guided sessions: 4 Guided activities lessons to learn how to start working with motors and 3 Guided project-building sessions to apply the acquired knowledge
- 7 Self-guided project-building sessions
During these sessions students will develop and build their own projects
The seven self-guided project-building sessions that follow give students the confidence they need to work both under their own initiative and collaboratively with their peers, boosting their essential 21st-century skills
As in the core module, the expansion pack includes teacher content, teacher guides and premium training and support with an Arduino Education expert.
CTC GO! - Motions Expansion Pack Toolbox
- 8 Standard Servo Motors
- 8 Continuous Servo Motors
- 8 Student group boxes: Each student group will have a components box with the materials they need to add to the CTC GO! Core Module ones to work on the experimental lessons.
- 16 Li-on 18650 batteries
- 8 battery holders
- 2 battery chargers
- 8 9V batteries
- Jumper wires
- Two markers
- Two screwdrivers
- Assembly mechanical pieces: Include the modular building pieces needed to be combined with the already existing in the Core Module to be able to build 4 different guided projects.
Each CTC GO! module purchase includes user access to the online platform. Up to three educators are granted access, and can subsequently manage student access with a 24-slot limit per toolbox.
With your CTC GO! Motions Expansion Pack registration code, you will unlock the access to this new module while keeping all your previous CTC GO! content
The online platform runs on a custom-made Learning Management System (LMS), which helps students get started with programming, electronics and building fully-functional, interactive projects under the guidance of educators. Currently available in English, but more languages will be added in the future.
Educators are granted access prior to students, so they can prepare and adapt their lesson plans with more engaging and creative techniques. This allows them to integrate the latest technologies into their curriculum.
The content and class dynamics are specially designed to enhance students’ problem-solving and teamwork skills in a collaborative environment.
- STUDENT CONTENT
- Practical lesson 1: Making Things Move
- Practical lesson 2: Circular to Linear Movement
- Practical lesson 3: Continuous Rotation
- Practical lesson 4: Gears and Pulleys
- 3 Project building sessions: Guided projects based on the already learnt concepts.
- 7 Experimental sessions: The students are able to experiment building their own projects. By the end of the course, students will have the option to create their own projects and share them with the Arduino Education community.
Note that the CTC GO! program duration is flexible and based on the number of lessons the students take each week (two to three lessons per week are recommended).
Educators guide: Content dedicated to educators which goal is to orientate and help on how to go through the program based on the knowledge and experience collected from previous experiences.
CTC GO! Premium Training and Support
The Arduino Education team is dedicated to provide support in order to help educators solve potential challenges while teaching CTC content. We also advise educators on how to guide students through the development of new projects derived from the knowledge acquired in the previous programs.
CTC GO! support includes:
- Online welcome training webinar with an Arduino Education expert
- Training video lessons explaining concepts that the educators will use with the students
- Knowledge video pills to expand the content of the lesson plans
- Support email that will be answered from an education expert within the first business hour. An online video call can also be requested
(The Arduino support team business schedule goes from 9:30 until 17:30 CET).
Please see the Arduino CTC GO! - MOTIONS EXPANSION PACK FAQs here.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.