Overwatch: Academic Esports Club - Academic Year License
Skill Level: Beginner-Intermediate
Number of Students: Up to 40
Number of Modules: 8
- Additional Documents: Flyer, Camps & Clubs Catalog
NOTE: Please allow for 2-3 weeks of lead time between the time of purchase and the start of your class, club, or camp.
Calling all heroes! Designed for students who want to “up their game”, this intensive club provides guided instruction, strategies, tips, and detailed in-game techniques that top Overwatch players use to play and win as a team. Created by expert Overwatch coaches exclusively at Mastery Coding.
Master the concepts that will empower you to get to the next level:
- Team-based tactics
- Ult economy
- Competitive etiquette
- Hero roles
- Map knowledge
- Team compositions
- Students will learn new mechanics in the game, how they function, and when to use them in order to see the connection of how we now live in a world where one is always learning (and there is no “end point” no matter what discipline you are studying.)
- Students will analyze gameplay to better understand how the art of reflection improves performance across all pursuits.
- Students will begin to understand the rules of the game and how things function on a deeper level within the code.
- Students will explore software development concepts like level design and how that impacts the gameplay and players.
- Students will begin to understand how to manage their computer hardware and software and optimize it for their play.
- Students will develop their teamwork and communication skills by forming and maintaining teams that must work together to succeed.
- Students will understand how to analyze and calculate damage totals by finding ratios through numerical compare and contrast methodology.
Awareness of Self & Others
Students will develop their ability to advocate for themselves by being able to identify and express their emotions to each other in a positive manner.
Students will develop their time management skills by having a mixture of “game time” and “practice time” where they will be required to learn and practice along with the instructor as they are taught new mechanics.
Students will develop their social skills by working together with their teammates as they learn the core principles of teamwork, effective communication, and competitive etiquette.
Responsible Decision Making
Students will learn how each situation they are presented with has multiple, viable options and see the relationship between choosing wisely and choosing quickly.
Students will understand the value of good sportsmanship and how to be kind and considerate in both victory and defeat.
Virtual Camp Requirements:
- Overwatch on PC
- Zoom Video Conferencing
- Reliable internet connection