Minecraft: Game & Learn Camp - Academic Year License
- Grades: 3-8
- Skill Level: Beginner-Intermediate
- Number of Students: Up to 20
- Number of Modules: 3
- Additional Documents: Flyer, Camps & Clubs Catalog
NOTE: Please allow for 2-3 weeks of lead time between the time of purchase and the start of your class, club, or camp.
Join Mastery Coding for 3 days of Minecraft gameplay and workshops, where campers will create buildings, machines, and factories while learning about computer science logic, the engineering field, and how to create contraptions using Minecraft’s extensive engineering tools!
Computer Science Logic and Critical Thinking Skills
- Loops and repeating functions
- If statements and conditionals
- Evolve deductive reasoning and problem-solving skills through engaging gameplay
Learn About Types of Engineers and Aspects of Their Careers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Software Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Civil Engineers
How to Automate and Design Machines
- Design and make traps, secret entrances, circuits, and more!
- Machine creation
- Create and read blueprints
- Students study the history of human societies and implement them into their gameplay to better understand cooperation and organization.
- Students learn new methods of overcoming challenges and displaying social awareness to become a better member of their in-game societies.
- Students discover the core fundamentals of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics to create awesome builds and contraptions for their game.
- Students gain insight into ideas of empirical testing that they apply to the sociological game and real life
- Students learn the history of technology and how it affected societies in their times to better understand the potentials impacts of modern and future technologies on our current society
- Students find out about the great feats of human engineering as well as the wonders of the world so that they can design & construct amazing structures within their own societies
- Students understand forms of communication, creative expression, and cooperation so that they can create strong ties and a stable society
- Students constantly perform simple arithmetic and calculations as they build, travel, and organize throughout the world
- Students gradually recognize their own strengths, preferences, and values through their roles in SocietyCraft and translate this to the real world to develop themselves and later serve as an effective participant in a community.
- Students improve their ability to recognize the emotions of others and themselves through in-game interactions, and thus form strategies for the real world to handle such emotions in a positive & constructive manner.
- Students place themselves in the shoes of others who come from a myriad of backgrounds different from their society, and are able to act with empathy for others.
Responsible Decision Making
- Students understand there being consequences for immoral actions, such as harming other player characters, and learn how to act accordingly based on ideas such as ethics, safety, and well-being of others.
- Students build and maintain healthy relationships with other players through community, cooperation, trade, and peacefully resolving conflict.
Virtual Camp Requirements:
- Minecraft Bedrock Edition
- Supported Devices: Windows 10, iOS and Android only
- Zoom Video Conferencing
- Reliable Internet connection
You may also like