Among Us: Academic Esports Club - Academic Year License
Skill Level: Beginner-Intermediate
Number of Students: up to 40
Number of Modules: 8
Additional Documents: Flyer, Camps & Clubs Catalog
NOTE: Please allow for 2-3 weeks of lead time between the time of purchase and the start of your class, club, or camp.
Combining engaging gameplay with critical thinking workshops, this camp teaches students how to be better impostors and crewmates and serves as an opportunity to learn about healthy gaming habits, opportunities in emerging technology, and deductive reasoning.
Opportunities in emerging technology
- Career Exploration: Coder, digital artist, marketer, etc.
- STEM Connections: Workforce opportunities in emerging technologies
- Career Spotlight: Meet the innovators at the forefront of the gaming world
Staying safe and healthy in a world of screens
- Netiquette: Cybersafety and your digital footprint
- Physical Health: Stretching, breaks and hydration
- Mental Awareness: Emotional control, inner calm
Deductive reasoning through engaging gameplay
- Tactical Logic: Spotting lies and detecting deception
- Critical Analysis: How to be a better imposter and crewmate
- Communication and Collaboration: The power of effective vocabulary
- Students will understand, study, and analyze the map used in the game in order to better understand shortcuts and strategies.
- Students will learn new strategies and how to have positive sportsmanship to build positive relationships in safe spaces.
- Students will learn to grow their social and emotional learning to be a better person overall.
- Students will learn about the scientific method and how to apply it in real life and into the strategy decision making for Among Us.
- Students will learn about simple coding algorithms and logic.
- Students will discover what a game engine is and how code works to move the game forward.
- Students will learn about the history of coding and computer science, noting its evolution and impact on society.
- Students will apply math computations in order to calculate percentages of success and estimate odds.
Awareness of Self & Others
- Students will understand and embody a growth mindset for them to exercise and feel better about themselves to share with others.
- Students will see that being well organized is key to being a more successful person, taking positive initiative also moves tasks forward and also is a good trait of being a leader. Students will understand that and apply it.
- Students will learn and take in the “Being Cooperative” and “Showing Empathy & Compassion” lessons and understand that being cooperative and having team skills will move a project forward and develop life skills.
Responsible Decision Making
- Students will learn about making decisions and understanding that actions have consequences in real life and inside of the game when you’re trying to win.
- Students will understand how to be a team player and show that sportsmanship is important and making sure that people have fun no matter what the situation is. They will also understand what healthy and unhealthy relationships are like and how to identify each one.
Virtual Camp Requirements:
- Own Among Us
- Supported Devices: Windows 7+, iOS and Android only
- Zoom Video Conferencing
- Reliable Internet connection