Recommended Ages: 8 to 80
Includes a 48-page science book with materials.
Discover what energy is, how it is generated now and what choices await us in the future. Build a solar car and join the race to save the planet!
22 Activities, Including:
- Build a solar racer
- Launch a supercapacitor car
- Make an electric car
- Spin a flywheel generator
- Build a battery to light an LED
- Do a kinetic chain reaction
- Store potential energy on your head
- Discover how solar cells work
- Focus the sun's energy with lenses
Requires some common household items, a 1.5 volt battery, and a 9 volt battery.
Berkeley's Lawrence Hall of Science wrote the following review:
Children learn about every aspect of energy and its various types (e.g. solar, magnetic), forms ( e.g. kinetic vs. potential), and uses. In addition, this kit teaches children about the choices we face in the future:
- Where will our energy come from?
- How can we make the best use of our resources?
- How do we protect our environment and health?
As with the entirety of the ScienceWiz line, the kits are accompanied by a booklet written specifically for children. The writing is clear, concise and engaging, complimented strongly by clever illustrations.