Science Action Club - Cloud Quest Kit - Bilingual English-Spanish
Recommended Grades:‚ 5-8
- Number of Students: 20+
- Number of Activities: 12+
- Contact Hours: Each activity is designed for a 60-90 minute club session and can be extended with bonus resources included
- Lesson Plan Sample PDF: Build a Satellite/Construye un satƒ©lite
- Lesson Plan Sample PDF: Connect to NASA/Conecta con la NASA'
- Materials Included
- Standards Alignment - NGSS Connections
Science Action Club kits make it easy and fun to lead hands-on STEM in afterschool and summer programs no experience necessary. Through games, projects, and exciting investigations, youth explore nature, contribute to authentic science research, and design creative strategies to protect the planet.
With content from a world-class museum and scientific institution, each kit includes easy-to-follow activity plans, a complete set of STEM supplies, and a two-hour online, self-paced, professional development training for staff. The training provides step-by-step guidance for all 12 activities in each unit, as well as important science concepts and helpful strategies for teaching STEM in an informal learning environment.‚
Cloud Quest explores the impact of clouds on weather and climate. Using the GLOBE Observer citizen science platform, youth identify sky conditions and report their discoveries to NASA. Researchers map these observations against satellite image data to study how clouds influence the flow of energy through Earth atmosphere.
Learn more at www.calacademy.org/sac
- Summer camps
- Afterschool programs
- Homeschool environments
- Get to Know a Cloud/Conoce una nube
- Build a Satellite/Construye un satélite
- Ground Truthing/Verificatión en el terreno
- A Closer Look at the Sky/El cielo más de cerca
- Connect to NASA/Conecta con la NASA
- Rocket Science/Ciencia de los cohetes
- Drain to Rain/Aqua del suelo al cielo
- Measure the Wind/Mide el viento
- Erupt a Volcano/Haz que erupcione un volcán
- Fly a Kite/Vuela un Papalote
- Green Design/Diseño ecológico
- Cloud Conclusions/Resumen de tu nube
Additional bonus activities and recommended resources are included in the online training.