Lab-Aids: Simple Machines (Station Approach) Kit
- Energy is a property of many substances and is transferred in many ways.
- Work done on an object is equal to the Force applied x Distance moved.
- Machines can decrease the force required (mechanical advantage) but can not decrease the amount of work needed to move an object.
- 1 Teacher's Guide
- 5 Student Worksheets and Guides
- 2 Pulleys
- 2 LAB-AIDS® Ramp sections
- 1 LAB-AIDS® Ramp End Support
- 1 LAB-AIDS® Mid Ramp Support
- 1 LAB-AIDS® Mid Ramp Support Riser
- 1 LAB-AIDS® Forcemeter
- 1 LAB-AIDS® Tripod
- 1 LAB-AIDS® Distance Marker
- 1 LAB-AIDS® Threaded Hook-Post
- 1 Cylindrical metal weight
- 1 50-cm stick
- 1 15-cm metric ruler
- 1 Pulley string
- To complete the three activities in this kit requires 3-5 ~50-minute class periods.
- Number of students: 1 small group