Lab-Aids: Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration Kit
Part One is an investigation into the reactions of photosynthesis and cellular respiration using a series of images and statements. Students then discuss these processes relative to ecosystems and the carbon cycle. In Part Two, students read about the details of photosynthesis and cellular respiration, including light and dark reactions, glycolysis, the Krebs cycle, and the electron transport chain. Developed by SEPUP.
- Photosynthesis is a cellular process through which organisms capture light energy from the sun and use it to generate and store energy.
- Cellular respiration releases stored energy in glucose, allowing the organism to function.
- The products and reactants in photosynthesis and cellular respiration - energy, carbon dioxide, water, glucose and oxygen - are complementary.
- Students make accurate interpretations, inferences, and conclusions.
- 1 Teacher's Guide
- 28 Student Worksheets and Guides
- 6 Sets of 8 Photosynthesis & Cellular Respiration Cards
- 6 Sets of 12 Photosynthesis & Cellular Respiration Strips
- 6 Sets of 2 Category Cards
- 1 Transparency 1: Kelp Forest Food Web
- Number of students: 24
You may also like