Lab-Aids:‚ Organic Chemistry - Modeling Functional Groups Kit
How is a family of compounds created by a common functional group? With this Lab-Aid, students draw structural formulas for such functional groups as alcohols, aldehydes, ketones, acids, and tersters. They construct the corresponding models and see how a two-dimensional diagram materializes into a 3-dimensional molecule. Students learn the relationship between the diagrams and models as well as how a family of compounds is created by a common functional group. 12 complete sets of molecular model components are provided.
- Relate 2-dimensional formulas to construction of 3-dimensional models
- Observe how a family of compounds is created by a commonfunctional group"
- 1 Teacher's Guide
- 36 Student Worksheets and Guides
- 12 Packages containing: 6 Carbon plastic tetrahedral centers (black), 19 Covalent plastic bonds, 12 Hydrogen plastic atoms (white)
- To complete this kit requires one to two ~50-minute class periods
- Number of students: 36