Lab-Aids: Magnetic Fields and Forces Kit
- Objects change their motion only when a net force is applied.
- The solid earth is layered with a lithosphere; hot convecting mantle; and dense, metallic core
- Moving electric charges produce magnetic force fields.
- 1 Teacher's Guide
- 28 Student Worksheet and Guides
- 200 iron washers
- 12 bar magnets
- 6 magnetic field visualizers
- 6 navigational compasses
- 6 iron nails
- 6 lodestone rocks
- 6 30-mL cups
- 6 15-cm rulers
- 1 Transparency 1: Magnetic Fields
- 1 Transparency 2: Earth's Magnetic Field
- To complete the two activities in this kit will require two to three ~55 minute periods.
- Number of students: 24