Lab-Aids: Bacteria Study Kit
Students conduct the classic Leeuwenhoek bacteria experiment in this individualized, self-paced kit. Paralleling methods performed over 300 years ago, students observe and identify bacteria using a microscope. MICROSCOPES ARE NEEDED.
- Culture bacteria
- Prepare bacterial smears and stain them using Gram stain
- Observe and identify bacteria
- 1 Teacher's Guide with MSDS
- 30 Student Worksheets and Guides
- 2 Droppers
- 30 Microscope slides
- 1 Beans, Pkg.
- 1 Hay, Pkg.
- 1 Peppercorns, Pkg.
- 60 Plastic transfer pics
- 6 Transparent infusion containers
- 2 Gram's iodine solution, Vial
- 2 Crystal violet stain, Drop control bottle
- 2 Methylene blue stain, Drop control bottle
- 2 Safranin stain, Drop control bottle
- To complete this kit requires one ~50-minute class periods
- Number of students: 30