Horizon Wind to Hydrogen Science Kit
- Ages: 14+
- Other Documents: Datasheet and User Manual
The Wind to Hydrogen Science Education Kit enables students to invent their own clean energy applications using a small electric motor powered by a fuel cell. Hydrogen is produced through water electrolysis by a reversible P.E.M fuel cell that is itself powered by a wind turbine with profiled blades based on NASA aeronautics. This hydrogen is then converted to electrical energy by the fuel cell and can be used to power a small fan.
All Horizon STEM materials are aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards and Energy Literacy Framework. Subject areas include Physics, Chemistry, and Earth Sciences for middle and high school grades. Go to Horizon Curriculum to find out more.
Energy from Hydrogen Experiments
- Electrolysis Mode Generating H2 and O2
- Fuel Cell Mode Generating Electricity from H2 and O2
- Determining the Minimum Water Decomposition Voltage‚
- Polarization States for Hydrogen Fuel Cells
Wind Energy Experiments
- How Many Blades Are Best - 1, 2, 3 ... More?
- Using Three Di?erent Curved Blade Shapes
- Using Blades You Make Yourself
- Turbine E?ciencies
- Measuring RPM
- Tuning For Maximum Power
- How Blade Angle or Pitch A?ects Output Power
- To Generate Hydrogen
- Wind Energy Science Kit (FCJJ-39)
- LED Module
- Reversible PEM fuel cell module
- Water/gas storage tanks module
- Tubing, connecting leads, and accessories
- Motor with fan propeller blade
- 9 profiled blades for turbine (3 sets of 3 types)
- Assembly guide
- Renewable Energy Curriculum CD
To avoid the risk of property damage, serious injury or death: This kit should only be used by persons 14 years old and up, and only under the supervision of adults who have familiarized themselves with the safety measures described in the kit. Keep small children and animals away, as it contains small parts that could be swallowed. Read the instructions before use and have them ready for reference.