Crazy Circuits Classroom - Programming 101
- Grades: 4+
- Number of Students: 1-2 per kit, 1 recommended
- Additional Documents: Project Database
Teach programing with this engaging STEM kit and curriculum!
Teaching programing to new learners can be a difficult tasks. The Circuits 101 Classroom line was designed as a complete classroom solution for teaching electronics. Not only does Brown Dog Gadgets give teachers a robust set of materials to use but they also provide the lesson plans, projects, activities, diagrams, and videos.
The curriculum and lesson plans focus on teaching students the basics of programing while also having them modify more complicated code in order to learn HOW different parts interact. They take parts such as distance sensors and show how to manipulate servos, 7 segment displays, speakers, and LEDs to show readings. Brown Dog Gadget's goal is to inspire and engage students, not just teach them how to write lines of code.
Programing 101 Sets comes with anywhere from 5 to 25 boxes filled with electronics parts and supplies. Teachers can easily hand out the boxes and use the free curriculum and resources to quickly and easily run lessons. Every Set comes with a Teacher Box which includes a full set of supplies as well as additional ribbon cables, tape, and informational cards. Each student box is a compete set of parts to be used by one group of students. (We recommend groups of no larger than three students, especially when working with a computer.)
In addition to electronics parts Programing 101 Kits come with both Squishy Circuits Dough and Bare Conductive Paint (paint and dough not included in the 1 Pack - Single Student Box option). Use conductive paint to create your own Piano, or control a servo by changing the length of conductive dough.
The Brown Dog Gadgets curriculum is always being updated and improved on. They have aligned their lessons to Common Core and NGSS standards for easy integration into any new or existing curriculum. In addition to lesson plans, their curriculum also includes activity pages, assessments, diagrams, and videos for classroom use.
As with all Crazy Circuits Kits, the Classroom Sets require no soldering. Parts are connected in a brick based building environment via our special Maker Tape conductive tape. The only additional tools you'll need are scissors and a computer to manipulate code.
Progaming 101 Sets Include
- One Teacher Box with additional supplies (Not included with the 1 Pack)
- Free teacher approved curriculum, lesson plans, videos, and diagrams
- Maker Tape brand conductive tape
- Squishy Circuits Dough and Bare Conductive Paint (Not included with the 1 Pack)
- Free software
- Over 43 Parts in each box
- Distance Sensors, Light Sensors, Humidity Sensors, and Temperature Sensors
- Classroom ready packaging in heavy duty plastic containers
- Informational Cards with part explanations and example circuits
Each Student Kit Includes:
- 1x Vibrating Motor
- 1x Roll 1/8” Maker TapeTM
- 1x Brick Baseplate
- 1x Coin Cell Battery Holder
- 1x Screw Terminal
- 1x Female Header
- 1x Blink/Fade Board
- Instruction Cards/Online Curricula
- 27 Parts + Organizer
- 5x Coin Cell Batteries (CR2032)
- 4x Resistors
- 4x Jumbo LEDs
- 3x Switches (Pushbutton, Slide)
- 2x Transistors (PNP, NPN)
- 1x Bundle (of 5) Alligator Clips
- 1x Photoresistor
Each Teacher Kit Includes:
- Complete contents of Student Set
- Large Organizer (Replaces organizer from Studetn Set)
- 4 additional rolls of 1/8" Nylon Conductive Tape (5 Total)
- 20 additional CR2032 batteries (25 total)
1 Pack Option Includes:
- 1 Student Kit
5 Pack Option Includes:
- 4 Student Kits
- 1 Teacher Kit
10 Pack Option Includes:
- 9 Student Kits
- 1 Teacher Kit
25 Pack Option Includes:
- 24 Student Kits
- 1 Teacher Kit
Note: Please see kit size options towards the top of the page.
CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.