Drone Designers: Exploring STEAM Careers Camp
Number of Students: 30
Hours of Curriculum: 12+
In this performance, drones are the stars!
Drones are transforming the world of arts and entertainment, performing alongside artists as diverse as Metallica, Drake and Cirque du Soleil. Follow in the footsteps of the world groundbreaking drone designers, weaving together the engineering design process and principles of aerodynamics as learners collaborate to costume, choreograph and code tiny aerial robots in creative performances. Use your imagination, problem-solve and explore STEAM careers through the innovative ways drones are being used for good!
The Drone Designers Camp includes all of the curriculum and materials needed for summer camps, after-school environments, and classroom enrichment time.
Art/STEAM, English Language Arts, Technology
- Classrooms looking for hands-on STEAM activities
- After-school programs
- Summer camps
- Costume, choreograph and code mini-drones in aerial acrobatic performances.
- Explore drone technology, the iterative design process and the science of aerodynamics through a curriculum aimed at engaging learners in STEAM.
- Curriculum Topics:
- Art and Technology
- Autonomous Drone Operations
- Algorithms & Programming
- Engineering Design Process
- Real-World Careers
One Great Drone, Three Curriculum Options:
Using the same mini drone, take your students to new heights by adding-on curriculum from Ready, Set, Drone! and Ready, Set, Code! With an add-on option available for each mini drone program, PCS Edventures has made it easy to further your student interaction with UAV technology. Manually pilot mini drones and understand the science behind flight aerodynamics with Ready, Set, Drone! Then dive into the world of computer science with Ready, Set, Code! and learn to code mini drones to fly autonomously.
6 compatible devices (one per drone) running the DroneBlocks app and 6 additional Wifi-enabled devices for accessing music.
The DroneBlocks app requires the use of a Wifi-enabled smartphone, tablet, Chromebook, desktop or laptop running Android, iOS or ChromeOS. (Note: DroneBlocks is not compatible with FireOS, the operating system for Amazon tablets.)
Complete Program Includes:
Drone Designers comes with an Instructor Guide, a Curriculum Digital Download and all the print materials and supplies needed to engage 30 learners over 12 lessons:
- Cardstock (white) (250ct): 1
- Cardstock (asst. glitter colors) (40ct): 1
- Colored pencils (12pk): 6
- Construction paper (50 pk): 1
- Craft foam (24ct): 1
- Digital scale: 1
- LED button light: 6
- LiPo batteries: 12
- LiPo battery multi-charger: 4
- LiPo safe storage bag: 1
- Metal washers: 60
- Mini quadcopters: 6
- Pencils (#2) (12pk): 3
- Pencil sharpeners: 6
- Plastic container: 1
- Production Team Lanyards: 30
- Protective cages (for quadcopters): 6
- Safety glasses: 30
- Scissors: 31
- Storage tub: 1
- String (ball): 1
- Superglue (6pk): 1
- Tape (double-sided-rolls): 6
- Tape (masking tape rolls): 6
- Team tote bags: 6
- Tissue paper (24ct): 1
- USB charging cables: 6
- USB multi-port wall charger: 1
- Velcro fasteners (12ct): 6