TTS Blue-Bot® Bluetooth Programmable Floor Robot - 6pk
- Grades: K-2
- Number of Students: 1-2 per bot
- Number of Lessons: 5 Key Focuses, Explore Mode, & 4 Challenge Modes
- Contact Hours:
The Blue-Bot® programmable floor robot is the perfect place to start for teaching control.
The Bluetooth functionality means you can wirelessly control it with your tablet or PC.
Blue-Bot® can detect another Bee-Bot® or Blue-Bot® and say hello. They will play a default sound or the students can record their own. Students can also record audio to play back when each button is pressed, making it more accessible to all students, including those with auditory or visual processing needs. Blue-Bot® has a clear shell so children can see the components inside. It is also rechargeable so you don't need to worry about replacing costly batteries. 6 pack includes a FREE docking station. You can still use Blue-Bot® like a normal Bee-Bot® and program it using the buttons on the robot. However, Blue-Bot® is now capable of connecting to tablets, PCs and Macs, allowing you to take the programming much further. Download the free iOS/Android app to connect to tablets or download the Windows and Mac software to connect to your desktop. Please note the app does not require any personal information from the user. For another fun way to program Blue-Bot® use the Blue-Bot® Tactile.
Curriculum or Lesson Topics:
- Key Focus 1: Creating a simple program one step at a time
- Key Focus 2: Writing and debugging a program
- Key Focus 3: Reading programs
- Key Focus 4: Becoming more efficient
- Key Focus 5: Repetition in programming
Explore mode offers four different programming options
- Step by Step: This allows a Blue-Bot program to be built one command at time. As the command button is tapped Blue-Bot will move and the command will be added to the program. The entire program can be played back by pressing ‘GO’.
- Basic Programming: A number of commands may be added to the program before they are run. Commands are added by tapping the command buttons or by ‘drag and drop’. Commands may also be moved around and deleted.
- Repeats: This mode incorporates Basic Programming and also allows one or several commands to be repeated (looped).
- 45° Turns – This mode builds upon ‘Repeat’ and allows Blue-Bot to be turned through 90° and 45°.
There are four different types of challenges:
- Get from A to B
- Fewer Buttons
- Random Instructions
- (6) Blue-Bots
- (6) USB Charging Cords
- (1) Docking Station
Additional Information and Resources:
Compatibility: iOS (iPad only), Android, Windows, or MacOS X with Bluetooth hardware
Special Notes and Considerations:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why won't my Blue-Bot® connect to my tablet? - iOS: Users should not pair the device with Blue-Bot® and simply allow the app to connect for you. Apple uses non-standard Bluetooth set up in iPad 1 & 2. Please note: This is not compatible with iPad2.
- Which versions of iPad can i use? - Apple uses non-standard Bluetooth set up in iPad 1 & 2. Therefore this is only compatible from iPad 3 onwards. Please note: Currently the Blue-Bot® app not working on iOS 9. Please Update tablet if possible.
- How accurate is Bee-Bot®? Your Bee-Bot® has been designed to be as accurate as possible in its movements. However, due to the natural tolerances of mass-production, we can make no claims beyond those given below. In most cases you will find that Bee-Bot®, on a good clean surface free from bumps, will perform even better. Forward/backward movement 150mm ±8mm, left/right turn - 90 degrees ±4%.
- Is the Blue-Bot® app GDPR compliant? - No personal data is gathered by the app. With Android, location permissions are required to allow access to Bluetooth. No location data is gathered. 5. Is the Blue-Bot® app UK only? - The app should be available in all countries.