Mango Math Middle School Deluxe Math Kit
- Grades: 6-8
- Recommended Settings: Summer Camps, Classrooms, Resource Rooms, Before & Afterschool Programs
- Standards Alignment: Common Core Math
Let’s Get to the Point, Algebra can be fun! If you are Interest-ed, you can learn things about finance and interest rates. All Things Equal, math makes more sense when you know one side must balance the other. Students can create their own Mini-me and develop understanding of proportional relationships. Math isn’t a Magic Trick, it’s common sense and perseverance. Follow the Signs and be positive, success is attainable when you make it fun.
Curriculum or Lesson Topics:
Common Core Middle School Standards for Math
- 6.NS.A - Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division to divide fractions by fractions.
- 6.NS.B - Compute fluently with multi-digit numbers and find common factors and multiples.
- 6.NS.C - Apply and extend previous understandings of numbers to the system of rational numbers
- 6.EE.A - Apply and extend previous understandings of arithmetic to algebraic expressions.
- 6.EE.B - Reason about and solve one-variable equations and inequalities.
- 6.G.A - Represent and analyze quantitative relationships between dependent and independent variables.
- 6.SP.A - Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving area, surface area, and volume.
- 7.RP.A - Analyze proportional relationships and use them to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
- 7.NS.A - Apply and extend previous understandings of operations with fractions to add, subtract, multiply, and divide rational numbers.
- 7.EE.B - Solve real-life and mathematical problems using numerical and algebraic expressions and equations.
- 7.G.A - Draw, construct and describe geometrical figures and describe the relationships between them.
- 7.G.B - Solve real-life and mathematical problems involving angle measure, area, surface area, and volume.
- 8.EE.C - Analyze and solve linear equations and pairs of simultaneous linear equations
- 8.G.C - Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving volume of cylinders, cones and spheres
Standards for Mathematical Practice
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
- 1 - Plastic carrying basket
- 20 - Lesson in individual plastic folders
- 24 - Dry erase markers in plastic case
- 1 - Curriculum Guide & Assessment Book
- 2 - Calculator
- 40 - Color tiles
- 100 - Two color counters
- 4 - Dice: 1s 0-9
- 2 - Dice: 7 - 12
- 4 - Dice: 12-sided
- 14 - Dice: 6-sided dice
- 4 - Dice: 20-sided
- 2 - Dice: 1000s 0000-9000
- 4 - Dice: + -
- 2 - Dice: operation dice + - x /
- 2 - Dice: penguin
- 2 - Dice: pigs
- 18 - Exploragons
- 2 - Pattern Block sets
- 2 - Fraction Pattern Block sets
- 40 - Pawns
- 4 - Playing Cards
- 2 - Spinners, 6 colors
- 4 - Spinners (transparent)