Mango Math 1st Grade Deluxe Math Kit
- Grades: 1st Grade
- Recommended Settings: Summer Camps, Classrooms, Resource Rooms, Before & Afterschool Programs
- Standards Alignment: Common Core Math
Enter the world of single-digit addition and subtraction and base ten understanding. First graders will have the opportunity to work on their addition and subtraction facts with multiple fun hands-on and game-based learning activities. They will learn to Crack the Combo, measure from Door to Door, and create multiple identical monsters. They will explore Number Neighbors and order numbers from 1 to 100. Students will become winners as they create their own Winner Dog. In the blink of an eye students will build a firm foundation of numbers.
Curriculum or Lesson Topics:
Common Core First Grade Standards for Math
- 1.OA.A - Represent and solve problems involving addition and subtraction.
- 1.OA.B - Understand and apply properties of operations and the relationship between addition and subtraction.
- 1.OA.C - Add and subtract within 20.
- 1.OA.D - Work with addition and subtraction equations.
- 1.NBT.A - Extending the counting sequence.
- 1.NBT.B - Understand place value.
- 1.NBT.C - Use place value understanding and properties of operations to add and subtract.
- 1.MD.A - Measure lengths indirectly and by iterating length units.
- 1.MD.B - Tell and write time.
- 1.MD.C - Represent and interpret data.
- 1.G.A - Reason with shapes and their attributes.
Standards for Mathematical Practice
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
- 1 - Plastic carrying basket
- 20 - Lessons in individual plastic folders
- 24 - Dry erase markers in plastic case
- 1 - Curriculum Guide & Assessment Book
- 200 - Plastic two color counters
- 8 - Transparent counters
- 10 - Dice: 1s 0-9 white
- 4 - Dice: 10s 00-90
- 2 - Dice: 12-sided
- 4 - Dice: regular 6-sided dice
- 2 - Dice: 20-sided
- 2 - Dice: + -
- 2 - Dice: color Single Spot
- 8 - Dice: numbers
- 1 - Flash Cards Number 1 to 100
- 4 - Number Line - 0 - 30
- 4 - Pattern Blocks (set of 49)
- 24 - Pawns
- 2 - Playing Cards
- 100 - Chain links
- 2 - Spinners, 0-9
- 100 - Snap Blocks
- 2 - Student Clocks
- 2 - Bags Tangrams