Horizon Renewable Energy Science Kit 2.0
The Renewable Energy Science Kit demonstrates the workings of a clean energy technology system on a miniature scale. Power an electrical circuit by solar panel or a wind turbine with profiled blades based on NASA aeronautics. Generate hydrogen through water electrolysis and convert it into electricity using a PEM fuel cell. Whichever combination of technologies you want to explore, this science kit is a comprehensive introduction to the principles behind renewable microgrids.
- Full PBL unit on clean power generation includes an exploration of the environmental effects of atmospheric carbon dioxide.
- Hands-on activities center on complementary attributes of different renewable energy sources.
- Complete student and teacher materials for up to 10 class periods of activities.
What is included in the horizon energy curriculum? The lab equipment is just the beginning. Horizon Education has built the horizon energy curriculum to provide teachers with multiple resources for engaging their students.
- Electrolysis, Energy, Hydrogen Generation, Reaction Rates, Reaction Yield, Reactions, Redox Reactions, Semiconductors, Stoichiometry
- Angular velocity, Classical Mechanics, Efficiency, Electric Circuits, Energy, Ohm's Law, Parallel Circuits, Power (Electric), Rotational Mechanics, Series Circuits
- Climate change, Renewable Energy, Human Impact
- Hands-on Lab Activities
- Teacher's Guides
- Student's Guides
To avoid the risk of property damage, serious injury or death: This kit should only be used by persons 14 years old and up, and only under the supervision of adults who have familiarized themselves with the safety measures described in the kit. Keep small children and animals away, as it contains small parts that could be swallowed. Read the instructions before use and have them ready for reference.