Mango Math 3rd Grade Deluxe Math Kit
- Grades: 3rd Grade
- Recommended Settings: Summer Camps, Classrooms, Resource Rooms, Before & Afterschool Programs
- Standards Alignment: Common Core Math
Ready, Set, Multiply! This kit is filled with games that help third graders build their single-digit multiplication and division skills. From finding how many Feet on the Farm to dividing up “gumballs” in Gumball Jumble, third graders will realize how multiplication and division are applied. Along with games to practice their math facts, third graders will learn about numerators and denominators as they play Cookie Munch and Spilt Milk. They also collect data to see which mathematician their personalities closely match. solving skills.
Curriculum or Lesson Topics:
Common Core 3rd Grade Standards for Math
- 3.OA.A - Represent and solve problems involving multiplication and division.
- 3.OA.B - Understand properties of multiplication and the relationship between multiplication and division.
- 3.OA.C - Multiply and divide within 100.
- 3.OA.D - Solve problems involving the four operations and identify and explain patterns in arithmetic.
- 3.NBT.A - Use place value understanding and properties of operations to perform multi-digit arithmetic.
- 3.NF.A - Develop understanding of fractions as numbers.
- 3.MD.A - Solve problems involving measurement and estimation of intervals of time, liquid volumes, and masses of objects.
- 3.MD.B - Represent and interpret data.
- 3.MD.C - Geometric measurement: understand concepts of area and relate area to multiplication and to addition.
- 3.MD.D - Geometric measurement: recognize perimeter as an attribute of plane figures and distinguish between linear and area measures.
- 3.G.A - Reason with shapes and their attributes.
Standards for Mathematical Practice
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
- 1 - Plastic carrying basket
- 20 - Lesson in individual plastic folders
- 24 - Dry erase marker in plastic case
- 1 - Curriculum Guide & Assessment Book
- 150 - Two color counters
- 2 - Mixed Coin Set
- 240 - Color Tiles
- 200 - Two Color Counters
- 6 - Dice: 1s 0-9
- 24 - Dice: regular 6-sided dice
- 2 - Dice: 20-sided
- 2 - Dice: animal species
- 16 - Pawns
- 2 - Fraction Pattern Blocks
- 6 - Playing Cards
- 4 - Ruler
- 100 - Snap Blocks
- 1 - Spinners, 0-9