Mango Math 2nd Grade Deluxe Math Kit
- Grades: 2nd Grade
- Recommended Settings: Summer Camps, Classrooms, Resource Rooms, Before & Afterschool Programs
- Standards Alignment: Common Core Math
Slip-n-Slide right into learning multi-digit addition and subtraction in this second-grade kit. Students will build numbers and compare the numbers to determine Who is the Greatest while Cashing In on place value understanding. Second Graders will try to Lose their Cents as they work on subtraction with regrouping. Skip counting and creating arrays will start to build the foundation for multiplication. They will even learn to divide their “bars” into fractional pieces. Students will achieve 100 in no time as they build a strong foundation in numbers.ts will touch, talk, and explore numbers as they communicate, collaborate, and develop problem solving skills.
Curriculum or Lesson Topics:
Common Core Second Grade Standards for Math
- 2.OA.A - Represent and solve problems involving addition and subtraction.
- 2.OA.B - Add and subtract within 20.
- 2.OA.C - Work with equal groups of objects to gain foundations for multiplication.
- 2.NBT.A - Understand place value.
- 2.NBT.B - Use place value understanding and properties of operations to add and subtract.
- 2.MD.A - Measure and estimate lengths in standard units.
- 2.MD.B - Relate addition and subtraction to length.
- 2.MD.C - Work with time and money.
- 2.MD.D - Represent and interpret data.
- 2.G.A - Reason with shapes and their attributes.es.
Standards for Mathematical Practice
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
- 1 - Plastic carrying basket
- 20 - Lesson in individual plastic folders
- 24 - Dry erase marker in plastic case
- 1 - Curriculum Guide & Assessment Book
- 150 - Two color counters
- 2 - Mixed Coin Set
- 100 - Coins: pennies
- 100 - Coins: Dimes
- 80 - Color Tiles
- 18 - 6-sided dice
- 8 - Dice: 1s 0-9
- 2 - Dice: 10s 00-90
- 2 - Dice: 30-sided
- 2 - Fraction Tiles
- 2 - Number Line - 0 - 30
- 100 - Paper Money $1
- 100 - Paper Money $10
- 50 - Paper Money $100
- 40 - Pawns
- 6 - Playing Cards
- 100 - Snap Blocks
- 2 - Spinners, 0-9
- 2 - Spinners, 6 colors
- 2 - Spinners (transparent)
- 2 - Student Clocks