BOSON Science Kit
- Grades: 6-9+
- Number of Students:
- Number of Lessons: 8 Activity Cards, 12 Tutorials
- Contact Hours: 12+
- Additional Resources: DFRobot Science Lab S01, Build & Test Earthquake Proof Buildings, DFRobotEdu, Science Kit Card, BOSON Science Kit Tutorial
The DFRobot Boson science kit is a set of digitalized scientific exploration tools for a young scientist to build their hands-on STEM lab. Boson science kit brings kids: 8 scientific sensors for physics, chemistry, and biology. Activity cards that guide kids to start a scientific exploration on 8 different topics. Plug and play LED monitor for instant result display. Infinite possibilities of combining the sensors with micro: bit, Arduino, and other Boson modules. Boson science kit includes 8 sensors that are most widely used in modern IoT applications, all built with industrial standards. Unlike traditional science kits, Boson scientific sensors output an instant and accurate result in the form of electric signals. Setting up the device is extremely easy, and all the sensors can be used repetitively. The measurement can be read directly from the display module. Moreover, you can connect other Boson modules to create an automatic device, or use a micro: bit/Arduino to record the data and even upload it to a cloud server.
- 8 scientific sensors for physics, chemistry and biology exploration.
- Contents: Life Science and Physical Science.
- Coding free, simple and easy-to-use.
Curriculum or Lesson Topics:
- EP01 What Color Absorbs Heat Best?
- EP02 Which Coffee Cup is BEST?
- EP03 What's the pH value for various liquids?
- EP04 What happens when acid meets base?
- EP05 Why is the water changing its color?
- EP06 Do plants grow better with fertilizer?
- EP07 Do plants need light?
- EP08 Do plants grow better with more water?
- EP09 What's the best environment for a plant?
- EP10 Can pure water conduct electricity？
- EP11 Are we able to ‘see’ conductivity?
- EP12 What happens to your body during a workout?
Additional Information and Resources:
- DFRobot Science Lab S01
- Build & Test Earthquake Proof Buildings
- Science Kit Card
- BOSON Science Kit Tutorial
Special Notes & Considerations:
The pH sensor contains liquid. Adult supervision is strongly recommended for children under 12 years old.