BOSON Science Design Kit
- Grades: 3-5
- Number of Students:
- Number of Lessons: 12 Lessons,
- Contact Hours: 12+
- Additional Resources: DFRobot Science Lab Season 2, BOSON Science Design Kit Tutorial part 1, BOSON Science Design Kit Tutorial part 2
Boson Science Design Kit, aimed at 8~10 years old kids, combines physical science and engineering design knowledge in one kit. The carefully designed 7 scientific experiments and 5 engineering projects would let students learn scientific principles in practice by applying BOSON modules into actual applications.
During the engineering project design, students will be asked to use BOSON light, sound, and motion modules to make creative projects like “fridge door-closing reminders”, “solar oven” and so on. In scientific experiments, they will get to know some physical sciences, for instance, use BOSON temperature sensor to explore “how to make your living room comfortable?” so as to understand the principle of energy transfer.
- Supports sound, light and motion interaction.
- Contents: Engineering design and Physical Science.
- Coding free, simple and easy-to-use.
Curriculum or Lesson Topics:
- Lesson 1 Why Are Electrical Wires Covered in Plastic?
- Lesson 2 How to Make Your Living Room Comfortable?
- Lesson 3 What Is a Car Sunshade?
- Lesson 4 Why Does the Moon Shine at Night?
- Lesson 5 Why Is It Summer After Spring, not Winter?
- Lesson 6 Why Do Very Few Plants Grow in the Desert?
- Lesson 7 How Does the Water Cycle Work?
- Lesson 8 Solar Oven
- Lesson 9 Fridge Door-closing Reminder
- Lesson 10 Automatic Plants Fill Light
- Lesson 11 Automatic Watering System
- Lesson 12 Anti-Theft Alarm
- Yellow Push Button x1
- Soil Moisture Sensor x1
- Light Sensor x1
- Fan Module x1
- Temperature Sensor x1
- Ultra-Bright LED x1
- Buzzer Module x1
- Logic Module - NOT x1
- Logic Module - AND x1
- Logic Module - OR x1
- Threshold Module x1
- Display Module x1
- Mainboard-1IO x1
- 3xAAA Battery Holder x1
- Cable 5cm x5
- Cable10cm x10
- Cable 20cm x5
- Velcro Pack x1
- Screws Pack x1
- Boson Micro USB Cable x1
Additional Information and Resources:
- DFRobot Science Lab Season 2
- BOSON Science Design Kit Tutorial part 1
- BOSON Science Design Kit Tutorial part 2