Drone Legends STEM Fundamentals - No Drones
- Grades: 4-8
- Number of Students: *3 students per drone
- Number of Lessons: 10
- Contact Hours: 100
- Additional Documents & Materials: STEM Fundamentals Course Overview, Curriculum Scope, Sequence, and Standards Alignment, Drone Legends Youtube Page
*Note: This product does NOT include drones, and is recommended for users who are interested in the Drone Legends curriculum, but already have their own Tello drones. Drone Legends is designed to work exclusively with the Tello drones. For the full turnkey Drone Legends solution with Tello drones, please click here.
Drone Legends STEM Fundamentals is a complete curriculum that empowers kids with hands-on learning. It features “STEM and beyond,” with a robust social emotional learning (SEL) component that teaches the whole child, focusing on real-world STEM career skills, teamwork, and communication.
Go on a wild ride with drone-themed STEM missions that will spark the imagination, present challenging issues, and spur advanced problem-solving at all levels. Inside every child lives a Legend, and the Drone Legends standards-aligned curriculum supports their journey to becoming active, engaged, and excited about a future full of opportunities!
Note: This product includes a subscription for either 1 or 2 years. Please see options towards the top of the page.
UNLIMITED Professional Development:
As a Drone Legends member you and your staff are welcome to unlimited professional development training over a 12 or 24-month period. PD is offered via Zoom 4x per month on average. Drone Legends has two PD tracks all instructors are advised to take: Technology and Curriculum. Each session is 2 hours and hosted by a live Drone Legends instructor. Your success is vitally important to Drone Legends, so they're with you every step of the way!
Ruth Patrick, March 2022:
"Just beginning my adventure with Drone Legends. I am impressed with the availability of the staff, the professional development, and continued support through the Drone Legends curriculum."
Sue Isbel, July 2022:
"For the first time ever we have been able to offer drones to the girls on our reservation. It is a very self-guided program, and requires minimal adult guidance once the students have been taught the basics. The youth have amazed me with the dedication and commitment they have brought to the program. I anticipate improved school attendance and higher testing scores as students continue with the program. The support I have felt as we have started with this program is amazing. Thank you."
Mark Kaercher, June 2022:
"Drone Legends is a fantastic community to be a part of if you fly drones with your students. Scott and his team are passionate about drones and the role they play in helping students explore a STEM-based set of missions.
The mission guides are so well written and keep students engaged when working on their missions. The support materials are also a lot of fun to incorporate into the lessons.
In addition to using Drone Legends in my daily lessons, I am also using DL in a summer engagement camp and an after school club. I could not be happier with the support I've received from Scott.
If you are thinking about brining drones in your school, I highly recommend using Drone Legends!"
- Drone piloting
- Real-world drone applications
- Science and math applications
- Engineering design process
- Aerial video and editing
- Introduction to visual-based coding
- Coding concepts: loops, functions, 3D coordinates
- 12 or 24 month unlimited Professional Development (4x Zoom sessions w/live instructor available ea. month)
- 24/7 customer support
- An active online community for fresh teaching ideas
- In school: in class, afterschool, specials
- Out of school: enrichment programs, school breaks, camps
- Anytime: learning-based fun!
- 12x Student Mission Guides
- 6x Operations Manuals
- 2x Educator Lesson Planners
- 12x Student Safety Cards on Lanyards
- Annual access to DL Educator Portal (slides, videos, worksheets, and more)
- 1x 158pcs construction builder set
- 8x Launch/land pads
- 2x 1.25in Spiky Hedge Balls (pack of 12)
- 1x 3D printed flip cups for flipping missions (pack of 6)+ STL print file to print your own!
- 24x mini koala animal clips
- 1x Mechanical pencils (24 pack)
- 1x Sticky Notes (8 pack)
- 2x Clipboards (set of 6)
- 1x Safety goggles (pack of 12)
- 2x 120 Inches/300cm, measuring tapes (pack of 5)
- 6x 6 quart storage bins
- 36x Drone Legends pilot wing pins
- 100X Drone Legends stickers
NOTE: Users will need one smartphone or tablet per drone to use as a flight controller (requires iOS 9.0 or later or Android 4.0.0 or later. Not compatible with FireOS/Amazon tablets.) Not Included.