Horizon Thermal Power Science Kit
Now you can generate electricity using nothing more than a combination of hot and cold water and a special thermal power conversion cell. As the temperature evens out between the two containers of water, the power level reduces. LED and mini turbines demonstrate the variance in the electrical power being generated and there are two thermometers to keep track of the temperature levels.
- Produce power from temperature difference (hot/cold water)
- LED and fan modules show variance in electric power being generated
- Examine the physics of heat exchange and the energy that can be captured
- Comes with CD, experiments and curriculum, and 2 thermometers
- Power a fan with two heat sources
- Analyze power generation with the Renewable Energy Monitor
- Understand the thermoelectric effect
- LED module
- Water tank base
- Water tank seals
- Fan module
- Fan blade
To avoid the risk of property damage, serious injury or death: This kit should only be used by persons 14 years old and up, and only under the supervision of adults who have familiarized themselves with the safety measures described in the kit. Keep small children and animals away, as it contains small parts that could be swallowed. Read the instructions before use and have them ready for reference.