Ultimaker Metal Expansion Kit
- Grades: Middle School, High School
- Recommended Settings: Summer Camps, Classrooms, Resource Rooms, Before & Afterschool Programs, Makerspace
Explore a new range of metal 3D printing applications by upgrading the Ultimaker S5 with the Metal Expansion Kit. Its simple workflow makes creating stainless steel parts easier, more efficient, and affordable.
Freedom to design high-quality steel parts
17-4 PH stainless steel plus a metal-optimized support material² offers the freedom to create strong parts with complex geometries. Plus, Ultimaker Cura 5 includes metal FFF features to give you full control and ensure a high-quality metal part.
Metal parts. Up to 90% cheaper
The Ultimaker S5’s low total cost of ownership and small size makes it easy to adopt and scale an affordable metal 3D printing solution. Compared to CNC and other additive methods, you can save up to 90% creating the metal tools and parts you need.
Plastic or metal? You decide
Being able to 3D print either plastic or metal on the Ultimaker S5 opens up a wider range of potential applications. And because you can quickly and easily switch between materials by changing out the print cores, your printer becomes even more versatile.
Ultrafuse® 17-4 PH Material Properties
- Print Core CC | DD
- Tensile Strength - 990 MPa
- Thermal Resistance - 315°C
- Spool Weight - 1000g
- Filament Diameter - 2.85mm
- BASF Forward AM Ultrafuse® 17-4 PH (1 kg)
- BASF Forward AM Ultrafuse® Support Layer (300 g)²
- Packaging for green parts and a voucher toward post-processing (This voucher is provided by an authorized reseller, following debinding and sintering fees)
- Ultimaker Print Core CC 0.4
- Ultimaker Print Core DD 0.4³
- Magigoo Pro Metal (50 ml) adhesive
- Free Ultimaker Cura software with optimized metal part slicing features
- Access to exclusive metal FFF e-learning content on Ultimaker Academy