- Grades: 4+
- Number of Students: 1-2
- Number of Lessons: 1 build
- Contact Hours: 2
- Additional Resources: Product Brochure, Creator's Booklet, Build Guides/Lessons
Nibble is a DIY retro game console that will teach you about electronics and coding in a fun and exciting way.
Satisfy Your Love for Gaming
Playing mini-games just got another spin! Enjoy this retro gaming experience, and explore all the arcade games Nibble has.
Nibble comes preloaded with 4 retro games.
Why Buy It When You Can Make It?
Playing games is easy, bud do you know how to create one? Build this console from scratch, and learn how to code your own video games.
You can code games for your NIbble in CircuitBlocks - a dedicated graphical code editor similar to Scratch or Code.org that meks it easy for beginners to get into embedded programming.
Share Your Creations
Why keep all your crazy ideas to yourself when you can share them? Join the community of other makers, exchange your thoughts, and collaborate on making a new game.
- Anatomy Guide: Learn about parts that make NIbble work
- Build Guide: Step-by-step guide with 100+ photos
- Usage Guide: Tips & tricks on how to use NIbble
- Coding Guide: Beginner-friendly with detailed instructions
Curriculum or Lesson Topics:
Build Nibble and Learn STEM Skills
- Soldering & hardware assembly
- How game consoles work
- Electronic Components
- Coding in C++ & CircuitBlocks
- Basics of game graphics
- Coding your own apps and games
- Main circuit board
- Acrylic casing
- Metal soldering iron stand
- Soldering iron
- Solder wire
- Cross screwdriver
- Battery holder
- AAA alkaline batteries
- LCD display
- Micro USB cable
- Bag with small components
Additional Information and Resources:
Special Notes and Considerations:
CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is intended for users age 11+. Make sure to have an adult present to help with the assembly process. It's okay to ask for help!