- Grades: 6+
- Number of Students: 1-2
- Number of Lessons: 1 build
- Contact Hours: 4
- Additional Resources: Product Brochure, Creator's Booklet, Build Guides/Lessons
Build & Code Your Own Mini DJ Mixtable
With Jay-D, you'll learn how microcomputers and other electronic components are used for sound production and get a bit closer to becoming a DJ superstar.
Maybe It's a Mini, but It Does It Like a Pro
This mini mixer has almost all the basic functions of a professional mixer. Enjoy tow simultaneous playback slots, queue your song list, and explore built-in speakers, various equalizers and sound effects.
Crank Up The Volume!
Jay-D has an aux output port. Connect headphones or external speakers using a standard 3.5mm audio jack.
Enjoy The Light Show
A little bling-bling effect can't hurt, right? Your Jay-D has super cool LED lights, making it great for a proper disco effect.
Curriculum or Lesson Topics:
Build Jay-D and Learn STEM Skills
- How a DJ mixer works
- Digital to analog conversion
- Microcomputers & other electronic components
- Coding in C++ & CircuitBlocks
- Digital audio systems and their functions
- Sound waves and how to produce them
- How to code custom sound effects & light shows
- Main circuit board
- Display board
- Acrylic casing
- A bag of small components
- Two 5W speakers
- Custom-made plastic knobs
- USB-C cable for charging and programming
- Micro SD card with preloaded beats
Additional Information and Resources:
Special Notes and Considerations:
CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is intended for users age 11+. Make sure to have an adult present to help with the assembly process. It's okay to ask for help!