Structural Design Camp
Number of Students: 24
Contact Hours: 12
Lesson Plan Sample PDF (formally known as Understanding Structures Camp)
Students channel their inner architects as they learn about how to design structures, consider stresses, and integrate mechanical actions into structural projects. The impacts of external forces on structures will be explored through building with advanced hands-on manipulatives and testing their durability.
More complex builds will require critical thinking skills to create structures with increased stability and function. The activities in this camp develop an understanding of real-world applications of architecture and engineering by examining some of the most notable buildings in the world and modeling their design structures!‚
The Structural Design Camp includes all of the curriculum and materials needed for summer camps, after-school environments, and classroom enrichment time.
- Post and Lintel
- Wind and Earthquake Vibration Design
- Tower Design - Modular Tower
- Antenna Tower
- Tall Tower Wind Design
- Tall Earthquake Design
- Anti-Gravity Challenge
- Body Builder Challenge
- Crane Challenge
- Elevator Challenge
- Curriculum for 12 activities. Each activity can accommodate a 1 hour segment, or can be adjusted for different time blocks.
- More than 4,800 advanced fischertechnik manipulatives for engineering and building activities
- Colored Storage Gratnell that will last for years!
- Get organized with tray inserts for separating manipulatives
- Instructor guide
- Camp background information
- Collaboration and discussion tips
- Lesson extensions for differentiation
- Activity and assessment materials
Each Activity Guide Includes:
- Opening & Closing Discussion Topics
- Step-By-Step Activity Instructions
- Topic Background & Vocabulary
- Materials List
|U2 Fishertechnik Kit (400+ parts each)||12|
|Gratnell Organizational Tray‚||12|
|Divider Insert for Gratnell Tray||12|
Note: Due to production time, this item typically ships 2-3 weeks after receipt of the order.‚
Important: This camp has been renamed from‚ Understanding Structures Camp - lessons have remained the same.