Lab-Aids: Simulated Urinalysis Kit
Watch any athletic event on TV and the subject of testing for banned substances will always be discussed in some form of fashion. So how do you teach the basics of urinalysis in the classroom? With this kit!
Students analyze simulated urine samples to understand the procedures used in urinalysis and the potential applicability of urinalysis as a diagnostic tool. By adding different reagents to urine samples, students observe how each reacts with substances in the urine, providing useful evidence for identifying different substances. Students test simulated urine samples for pH, density, glucose, phosphates and chlorides. Enough reagents are provided for 30 students. A hot plate, Bunsen burner and test tubes are necessary, but not included.
- Perform diagnostic lab tests
- Apply analyze as a diagnostic tool
- 1 Teacher's Guide with MSDS
- 30 Student Worksheets and Guides
- 15 Chemplates‚® w/spatula
- 5 Density tubes
- 5 pH color charts
- 1 Universal Indicator paper, vial
- 3 Benedict's Solution, Drop control bottle
- 3 Chlorine test solution 1, Drop control bottle
- 3 Phosphate Test Solution 1, Drop control bottle
- 3 Phosphate Test Solution 2, Drop control bottle
- 3 Simulated Urine I, Drop control bottle
- 3 Simulated Urine II, Drop control bottle
- 3 Simulated Urine III, Drop control bottle
- 3 Simulated Urine IV, Drop control bottle
- 3 Simulated Urine V, Drop control bottle
- To complete this kit requires approximately one 50-minute class period.
- Number of students: 30