Lab-Aids: Simulated Blood Typing Kit
Simulated blood typing kit lets students practice ABO blood typing while avoiding the risks associated with real blood. The clumping of simulated blood cells by corresponding simulated antibodies is done through chemical precipitation. Students observe the antigen-antibody relations of artificial bloods and sera. No human or animal blood or blood products are used because the reactions are based on chemical solubility. This "health-risk-free" kit comes complete for 60 students.
- Perform blood typing without human blood
- Observe agglutination and typing of A, B, AB and O blood groups
- 1 Teacher's Guide with MSDS
- 60 Student Worksheets and Guides
- 60 Slide Guides‚® Spatulas: blue
- 60 Slide Guides‚® Spatulas: , yellow
- 1 Anti-A serum, Drop control bottle
- 1 Anti-B serum, Drop control bottle
- 1 Blood Type A (simulated), Drop control bottle
- 1 Blood Type AB (simulated), Drop control bottle
- 1 Blood Type B (simulated), Drop control bottle
- 1 Blood Type O (simulated), Drop control bottle
- To complete this kit requires approximately one 50-minute class period.
- Number of Students: 60