Lab-Aids: Simulated AIDS and STD Transmission and Control Kit
This kit presents an outstanding simulation of how diseases can be transmitted through the exchange of "body fluids." This very relevant hands-on activity illustrates how easily sexually transmitted diseases such as Hepatitis B, and the more serious AIDS, can infect teenage populations.
Students test results of their various exchanges. They are able to identify the contact that infected them or determine if they are perhaps the first case orPatient Zero." Students also explore the permeability and effectiveness of latex barriers in the prevention of sexually transmitted diseases. Highly recommended for both middle and high school use. There is enough materials in this kit for 30 students.
- Simulate disease transmission and methods of prevention
- Study effectiveness of latex barriers in the transmission of disease
- 1 Teacher's Guide with MSDS
- 30 Student Worksheets and Guides
- 30 LAB-AIDS Clear Body Fluid Trays
- 30 Droppers, plastic
- 30 Spatulas, package
- 30 Bottles, labeledBody Fluids: no. 1 - 30
- 1 Balloons, latex, 144/pkg
- 1 Petroleum jelly, tube
- 3 Å“AIDS Testing Solution, Drop control bottle
- 3 Å“Hepatitis B Testing Solution, Drop control bottle
- 1 Fragrance 1 (lemon), vial
- 1 Fragrance 2 (vanilla), vial
- 1 Fragrance 3 (almond), vial
- 1 Fragrance 4 (peppermint), vial
- 1 Fragrance 5 (banana), vial
- 1 Fragrance 6 (control), vial
- To complete this kit requires approximately one 50-minute class period.
- Number of students: 30