Lab-Aids: Phosphate in Fresh Water Test Kit
A major cause of water pollution is too much phosphate. Students begin to understand and appreciate why some areas of the country have restricted the use of detergents that contain phosphates due to the problems caused by this non-biodegradable substance. The presence of phosphate is indicated in this qualitative test when the water sample turns blue. This Lab-Aid includes enough materials for 150 individual qualitative tests.
- Interpret tests
- Measure pH of water samples
- Understand and appreciate the relationship of chemicals in the environment
- 1 Teacher's Guide with MSDS
- 10 Student Worksheets and Guides
- 10 Calibrated sample tubes with caps
- 2 Drop control bottles of Phosphate Test Solution No. 1
- 2 Drop control bottles of Phosphate Test Solution No. 2
- To complete this kit requires 1 ~50-minute class period.
- Number of students: variable (150 total tests)