Lab-Aids: Individual Organic Molecular Model Set
Designed for teacher-directed activities in organic chemistry, this kit visually demonstrates homology, isomerism, functional groups, and nomenclature. Because the covalent bonds are flexible, construction of double and triple bonds is simplified. After constructing their models, students will be able to write structural formulas for several organic compounds. It includes a detailed instructional manual.
- 1 Student Directions and Guide
- 50 Covalent electron bonds
- 10 Carbon tetrahedral (black), centers
- 2 Nitrogen tetrahedral (red), centers
- 4 Oxygen tetrahedral (blue), centers
- 2 Bromine single electron (blue-green), atom units
- 4 Chlorine single electron (green), atom units
- 28 Hydrogen single electron (dark green), atom units
- 2 Iodine single electron (dark green), atom units
- 2 Oxygen double electron (blue), atom units
- To complete this kit requires one ~50-minute class period.
- Number of students: 1 small group