eceSTEM Force and Motion Kit
Recommended Grades: K-2
Number of Students: 24 working in six groups of four
Hours of Lessons/Activities: 6+
Please‚ contact‚ firstname.lastname@example.org‚ regarding delivery time.‚
Students explore force and friction using simple machines. Students design their own simple machines and make compound machines to demonstrate how they make work easier.
Major Concepts & Big Ideas:
- What is a force and what causes a force to change?
- How does the amount of force change as you move objects over different surfaces?
- How do simple machines affect force?
- Design and build a compound machine to solve a problem.
- Where can you find simple machines in your environment?
- Wooden Geometric Solids, Set of 6 (6)
- Advanced Rubber Band Racer (6)‚ ‚
- TeacherGeek Multi-Cutter Tool (1)‚ ‚ ‚ ‚
- Attribute Nuts & Bolts (1)
- Plastic Corrugated Pad (6)
- Wooden Dowel Rod (6)
- Round Glass Marbles (2)
- Wedge Door Stop (6)
- Double Pulley (6)
- Rubber Bands (1)
- Pull Spring Scale Balance Dual Scale (6)
- Kite String (1)
- Duct Tape (1)
- Metal Washer (12)‚ ‚
- Plastic Cup - Pack of 16 (1)
- eceSTEM Photo Cards - Force and Motion - Set of 6 (1)
- eceSTEM Leader's Expedition Guide‚ (1)
- Plastic Storage Container (1)‚