eceSTEM Earth Systems Kit
This item is limited to quantities on hand. Once in-stock quantities sell out this item will no longer be available.
- Recommended Grades: K-3
- Number of Students: 24 working in six groups of four
- Hours of Lessons/Activities: 6+
Please‚ contact‚ sales@
Students will use observations of the Sun, Moon, and Earth to describe and predict patterns in the Earth system. They will investigate what causes seasons, tides, and moon phases.
Major Concepts & Big Ideas:
- How does the sun angle affect temperature?
- How does the tilt of the earth cause changes in the seasons?
- What causes the phases of the moon?
- Design and build a model of the sun-moon-earth showing different times of the year.
- What are tides? How can we predict tides?
- Flashlight with Adjustable Beam (6)
- Heavy Duty AAA Battery (20)
- Room Thermometer with Flat Metal Back (6)
- Construction Paper - 9x12 Sheet - Black (50)
- Incandescent Light Bulb (6)
- Ruler Plastic 12"/30cm (6)
- Inflatable World Globes (6)
- Modeling Clay Sticks - 1 lb. (2)
- Latex Balloons - 12" (14)
Styrofoam Ball - 1" diameter (6)
- Styrofoam Ball - 2" diameter (6)
- Styrofoam Ball - 3" diameter (6)
- Styrofoam Ball - 6" diameter (6)
- Toothpicks - Pack of 500 (1)
- 150-Watt Incandescent Clamp Light (6)
- 60-Watt Frosted White Light Bulb (6)
- Storage Container - 56 quart (2)
eceSTEM Leader's Expedition Guide (1)
*The included product image is a sample - packaging and brands of items pictured are subject to change at any time.