eceSTEM Climate & Weather Kit
Recommended Grades: 3-5
Number of Students: 24 working in six groups of four
Hours of Lessons/Activities: 8+
Major Concepts & Big Ideas:
- What instruments do we use to collect weather data?
- What does your local weather have in store for you?
- Can you determine where you are based on weather condition?
- Design and build a structure that will help you minimize the effects of weather-related events such as flooding, wind, or lightning.
- Collect local weather maps to predict upcoming weather events.
- Sling Psychrometer (6)‚ ‚ ‚
- Rubber Bands‚ - Assorted Pack (1)‚ ‚ ‚
- Room Thermometer, Celsius / Fahrenheit (6)
- Dish Pan (6)
- Craft Sticks - Pack of 100 (1)
- Sisal Trees - Pack of 6 (2)
- Assorted Mini Trees - Pack of 24 (1)
- Bag of Sand (1)
- Toothpicks - Pack of 500 (1)
- Glue (2)
- Professional Weather Center 5-N-1 (1)
- Storage Container (1)
- eceSTEM Leader's Expedition Guide - Climate & Weather (1)
*The included product image is a sample - packaging and brands of items pictured are subject to change at any time.