InkSmith Climate Action Kit - Land
- Grades: 2-12
- Number of Students: 1-2
- Number of Lessons: 6 Courses
- Additional Resources: Online Curriculum Content
Empower your students to tackle climate change issues while learning important digital skills.
This kit will help educators inspire their students to recognize and solve problems in a creative and empathetic way.
Students will explore the United Nations Sustainable Development goals while making connections between them and the climate change issues we're facing. After learning the background and context of each issue, students will design and prototype a solution using the kit components and a micro:bit.
The Climate Action Kits have been revamped with three new curriculum modules reimagined for the diverse learning needs and locations of today's students. The new curriculum is research-based, curriculum-aligned, and specifically developed to be flexible for any learning environment - whether that's online, at home, or in-person. The new curriculum makes it even easier to teach digital skills and empower students.
The Climate Action Kit is a micro:bit-powered inventor's kit designed to introduce students to coding and robotics. The goal of the kit is to provide purpose-driven learning experiences by connecting real-world climate change issues with tangible robotic solutions.
Using the robotic components in the kit, students can build, prototype, and program their own working solutions to meaningful climate change issues.
Un Sustainable Global Goals
The United Nations Sustainable Development goals play an integral part in the design of the Climate Action Kit content. Each project module is linked to a specific Global Goal to empower purpose-driven learning with real-world connections.
The Climate Action Kit comes with all of the robotic parts and components you'll need to build a variety of working prototypes.
The proprietary Climate Action Kit breakout board and the BBC micro:bit allow you to power servo motors, DC motors, sonar sensors, and more!
Curriculum or Lesson Topics:
Online Curriculum Content
Developed by InkSmith's in-house education experts, the new and improved online Climate Action Kit curriculum has been specifically designed to be compatible with remote, in-class, and hybrid learning environments. Please see the online curriculum content here.
Courses Included with Purchase:
- Introduction to the Land Climate Action Kit
- Carbon Farming
- Advanced Agriculture
- Insect Farm
- Plants and Pollinators
- 3 x NEW Modules: Deforestation, Plants and Pollinators, and Advanced Agriculture (including curriculum-alignment, teacher guides, and classroom-ready teaching materials)
- 2 x Project-Based Lessons: Insect Farming and Carbon Farming
- 1 x Climate Action Globe Breakout Board
- Robotic Parts for Land Projects
- Alligator Clips
- DC Water Pump
- DC Motor
- Moisture Sensor
- 360 Servo Motor
- Touch Sensor
- Water tubing
- Additional arts and crafts materials for certain projects and extension activities (ex. cardboard, glue, cup, etc.)
- The micro:bit is not included with the base version of this kit. A version with micro:bit is available as an option. Please see purchasing options towards the top of this page.