Lab-Aids: Immunology and Evolution Experiment Kit
The focus of this highly motivating kit is on determining the evolutionary closeness of organisms based on antigen-antibody blood analysis. Why this topic is so fascinating? Because it is a basis for discussion about a very controversial topic: The Theory of Evolution.
Immunological comparison (homology) is probably the most fascinating of the five methods used to classify organisms. Using synthetic blood serum, students have the opportunity to see textbook theory come alive in a dramatic lab exercise. As the students observe the immunological differences, they identify various animals„¢ relationships to humans. With this kit, students learn first-hand about relationships among organisms, common ancestry, even the identification of blood from unknown sources and techniques of blood immunology.
- Determine evolutionary closeness of organisms based on antigen - antibody blood analysis
- See textbook theory come alive
- Identify various animals in relation to mankind
- 1 Teacher's Guide with MSDS
- 30 Student Worksheets and Guides
- 12 Chemplates‚® w/spatula
- 2 Blood serum test I , Drop control bottle
- 2 Blood serum test II, Drop control bottle
- 2 Blood serum test III, Drop control bottle
- 2 Blood serum test IV , Drop control bottle
- 2 Blood serum test V , Drop control bottle
- 3 Synthetic human blood serum , Drop control bottle
- 3 Synthetic rabbit blood serum, Drop control bottles
- To complete this kit requires one ~50-minute class period.
- Number of students: 30
You may also like