Take It To Your Seat Centers: Common Core Math, Grade 5
Help your fifth graders master key math skills, and provide differentiated math practice through fun, hands-on activities in these 12 centers. Each full-color center focuses on a skill from a Common Core State Standards math domain, such as numbers and counting, operations, measurement and data, geometry, probability, and math vocabulary.
The easy-to-assemble centers are stored in pocket folders, making them easy to use at a table, desk, or quiet area in the classroom. After a teacher or classroom aide models how to use a center, students can complete the activity independently, in pairs, or with the teacher, who may use the task to informally assess a student's understanding. Each of the 12 centers includes:
Take It to Your Seat: Common Core Math Centers has been updated to address the new advanced standards and provides:
- full-color center mats and task cards
- an overview with lesson objectives
- a student direction page that explains the center activity
- a response form or written practice activity
- a center checklist to record each student's progress
- an increase in the variety and complexity of activities to practice each skill in alignment with Common Core State Standards.
- leveled tasks within some centers so that tasks progress in difficulty.
- an illustrated math concept or rule for every center to support visual learners and keep the focus on the targeted math concept or skill.