Summer School Coding: Game Development License
Benefits of GDF
- Project Portfolio - Building browser-based games will introduce the various career paths that exist within design and development.
- Design Portfolio - Apply concepts for game and asset design and use industry-standard workflows to create game narratives and resources.
- STEM Connections - Explore imaginative and original ideas while learning STEM disciplines and utilize those cross-disciplinary skills for current and future courses.
- Math Connections: Cross-curricular math topics like functions, variables, ratios, decimals, and linear equations are featured heavily throughout this course.
Who is this for?
This program is recommended for grades 6-12. It assumes familiarity with some mathematics concepts and is best suited for students who:
- Have previous exposure to using computer programs
- Haven't coded before, but are interested in learning to write programs
- Want to have an edge before taking more advanced computer science courses