pi-top Robotics Kit & Expansion Plate
Number of Students: 1-2 per kit
Grades: 9-12+ (Intermediate to Advanced Users)
Hours of Lessons/Projects/Guides: 100+
Additional Documents: pi-top  Robotics Kit Fact Sheet
Power your robotics projects with computer vision and applied AI
The pi-top  Robotics Kit comes with electronic components such as a wide-angle camera, servos and motors, all of which plug and play with the pi-top  Complete or pi-top  DIY Edition. Computer vision, applied AI, rapid prototyping and IoT, the only limit is your imagination!
This product is an add-on for the pi-top  Complete Kit. A pi-top  is needed to use this kit.
Everything you need to build your robot.
With 50+ metal build plates, servo motors, encoder motors, wheels, camera, ultrasonic sensor and more, the pi-top  Robotics Kit includes all the components you need.
Expand your projects.
The pi-top  Expansion Plate is a versatile interface for any project. It delivers a range of voltages (up to 12 volts) and includes everything you need to drive the motors and servos in the pi-top  Robotics Kit. Includes an IMU with accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer.
pi-top Robotcs Kit Includes:
- 2x high accuracy geared encoder motors
- 2x modular servo motors
- 1x HD 720p wide-angle camera module
- 1x ultrasonic sensor
- 1 x 25mm Durable omni-directional castor wheel
- 2 x 74mm wheels with all-terrain tyres
- 2x wheel connectors (compatible with most robotics RCV wheels on the market)
- 1x chassis interface plate
- 50+ aluminum plate construction pieces
- 200+ reusable nylon quick-build rivets
- 30+ cables and fixings
- 6x Colored balls
pi-top Expansion Plate Features:
- Integrated high accuracy 9DoF IMU with accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer
- Connectors for official Raspberry Pi camera (CSI) and display (DSI)
- Full Raspberry 40-pin GPIO socket
- 2x USB 2.0 ports
- 8x digital and 4x analog sensor ports
- 4x 6P 12V DC motor ports: H-Bridge closed-loop control with two independent hall effect sensor readings per motor giving double accuracy
- 4x 3P servo motor ports: open-loop position control with PWM pin
- USB-C PD port for power: use a standard 15V USB-C battery pack for extra port