This Applied Science Concepts Kit provides a completely safe and convenient method for students to study, test, and observe the characteristic properties of acids and bases. Activities incorporate the LAB-AIDS‚® Chemplates‚®. This unique lab tool eliminates the need for glassware and provides a semi-micro environment in any classroom.
Students perform a total of seven different activities:‚
- Reacting metal with acids and producing hydrogen in safe quantities‚
- Collecting and safely testing hydrogen‚
- Reacting carbonates with acids and producing carbon dioxide‚
- Collecting and testing carbon dioxide‚
- Observing the effects of acids and bases on the indicator dyes‚
- Measuring the concentration of acids by titration of an "unknown"‚
- Performing a neutralization experiment‚
This kit is complete for 50 students.